30 before 30: A quarter life bucket list
I’ve actually never been one to obsess about my age, but something about living the last year of my twenties has struck me as quite odd. I guess it’s the same feeling I felt when I turned twenty- A distinct knowledge that you will never be that young again. And, while I am happy to have had another birthday (my mom always says “better off older than dead!”) and for the lessons I’ve learned over the last nine years, there is something tugging at me to accomplish so, so much before I hit the big 3-0.
When Bob and I were talking over our age and where we are in our lives, he simply said “What do you want to happen in the next year?”.
After hearing someone talk about their 30 before 30, I thought I’d write down a few things I’d like to accomplish before starting off a new decade; Not so much resolutions, but more of a quarter life bucket list.
Without a doubt, I want to explore the world more, so, it’s not surprising that half of my items are regarding traveling. But I also hope to continue improving how I am at home.
Jade’s Thirty before 30 list:
- embark on my first ever solo trip
- complete a desert, snow, beach trek all in 24 hours in Southern California
- throw a grown up dinner party where I actually make something besides tacos
- start saving money for a trip to the Galapagos Islands
- finish the MatadorU program
- take a photography class and learn how to rightfully use my dSLR
- Take a weekend trip to Ojai
- Explore Northern California
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- find more animal rescues that I can volunteer and help out at
- plan a trip back to Australia- this time with my mom (Bob can come too)
- learn how to properly cook
- organize my desk
- Go to Palm Springs
- Camp in Joshua Tree National Park
- Spend a week in Alaska
- Organize a girls weekend to Chicago
- Drive around Maui, seeing all the waterfalls
- get married(ekkk!)
- sort through my closet and donate some of my clothes
- Read The Hunger Games
- run a half marathon
- partner with a big travel company for Vagabond3
- learn how to add widgets, place ads and coding on WP
- master photoshop
- Summer road trip through Oregon and Washington
- attend a non-travel blogging conference (like BlogWorld or AltSummit)
- Drive my car through a big tree in Yellowstone
- camp in a yurt
I decided to leave one open- so I can add on when I think of something super cool.
Do you like the idea of a bucket list? Have you ever heard of a 30 before 30 or 40 before 40 list? What is something that you would put on your list?