30 Before 30: Checking off the Bucket List
Last year I jotted down all the things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30 and since today is my birthday (woo hoo), I wanted to update you all on my progress.
Here’s the original 30 before 30 list and the things I was able to check off:
My Thirty before 30 list:
- embark on my first ever solo trip- CHECK! Went to Spain all by myself!
- complete a desert, snow, beach trek all in 24 hours in Southern California- CHECK! Palm Springs, Joshua Tree and Malibu!
- throw a grown up dinner party where I actually make something besides tacos- CHECK! Does spaghetti count?
- start saving money for a trip to the Galapagos Islands
- finish the MatadorU program
- take a photography class and learn how to rightfully use my dSLR- CHECK! Although, still learning!
- Take a weekend trip to Ojai
- Explore Northern California
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- find more animal rescues that I can volunteer and help out at- CHECK! Bob and I have a long list of places we’ll soon be visiting.
- plan a trip back to Australia- this time with my mom (Bob can come too)
- learn how to properly cook
- organize my desk
- Go to Palm Springs – CHECK! Explored the area with Spencer Spellman and the Expedia crew.
- Camp in Joshua Tree National Park- CHECK!
- Spend a week in Alaska
- Organize a girls weekend to Chicago- CHECK! Going next week!
- Drive around Maui, seeing all the waterfalls- CHECK! Road to Hana was incredible!
- get married(ekkk!)- CHECK-ISH! We got engaged last April and are getting married this April!
- sort through my closet and donate some of my clothes- CHECK! Donated about four huge bags full in January!
- Read The Hunger Games
- run a half marathon- does a 5k count?!
- partner with a big travel company for Vagabond3- CHECK! Worked with Expedia and BedandBreakfast.com!
- learn how to add widgets, place ads and coding on WP
- master photoshop
- Summer road trip through Oregon and Washington
- attend a non-travel blogging conference (like BlogWorld or AltSummit)
- Drive my car through a big tree in Yellowstone
- camp in a yurt
- Quit my day job and work on travel stuff full time. CHECK!
While I was only able to accomplish 11 of the 29 things, I am still pretty happy with my progress. When I read the list out loud to Bob he noted that if I were able to go on all those trips listed above- in addition to the trips I actually went on, I wouldn’t be living in LA anymore, I’d be a nomad. Right. The good news is that all of the unchecked things are still places and experiences I really want to visit and do. Maybe I’ll make a 31 before 31 list and this can just keep going!
Do you have a bucket list? Or have a pinterest page where you pin all the places you’d love to visit one day? What’s your dream trip?