#1 Must Have Summer Travel Tool
School’s out for SUMMER!
I still remember the days (10 some odd years ago- thanks high school reunion update on Facebook) when I’d plan my summer vacation. Camping, boating, laying out by the beach- whatever I could do to be outside enjoying the sun. The longer days of summer encourage travelers to get out and explore. No matter what your summer travel plans include, don’t pack that backpack, rolling suitcase or duffel bag without the #1 summer travel tool.
Zinc Oxide Sunscreen.
Yup, that crazy colored sunscreen is the #1 summer travel tool. (For anyone afraid of all that color or those who don’t want to look like a clown, they now sell it in a clear formula too.) I know what you are thinking- “Duh, Jade. Sunscreen is awesome and I’d be an idiot not to wear any… this is nothing new”. But this isn’t just any ole sunscreen I’m telling you to pack, Zinc Oxide actually has a ton of uses besides protecting your beautiful skin from sun damage. Here are 7 other uses for Zinc Oxide:
- Lip Balm- It keeps moisture from escaping and will keep your lips from getting chapped.
- Deodorant- It helps stop sweating and smelly BO
- Relives itching and inflammation, and starts healing Poison Oak and Poison Ivy
- Insect repellent
- Reduces chaffing
- Reduces leaking and acts as a water barrier, just like petroleum jelly
- Fire starter – Can be used to help start a campfire or bonfire, depending on your definition of party.
Whether you are heading to the beach or hiking in the mountains, Zinc Oxide is your new best friend. And remember, if you are just using it for the sunscreen aspect, make sure to use almost a shot glass size on your whole body and reapply often. Sunburns are the buzz kill of summer!
(Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored by Zinc Oxide or the ’80’s, I just love this product and wanted to share it with you!)